Friday, March 18, 2011

Quick Bread

I tried this recipe today:

Brown Butter Soda Bread

Reasons: 
I had some rosemary in the fridge leftover from the weekend.
I wanted to give something homemade to my neighbor (for previous good deeds) and this recipe made two loaves.
I needed a bread fix.

I made yeast breads in culinary school and love them, but I tend to make quick breads (no yeast needed) at home.  My cravings for homemade bread arrive fast and furious and I have no patience for rising and proofing and rising again.

Finished product (wish you were here to smell this bread...to die for):


My fellow foodie friend, Cheryl, visited last weekend and left behind some Meyer lemon marmalade.  Perfect for today's bread.

1 comment:

Busybody Blogger said...

First....thanks for the shout-out! =) It looks amazing...rosemary and meyer lemon....YUM! Wish I was still there to partake.